Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pasquetta (Easter)

Dearest Family of Mine, It is always so nice to hear from you! I hope Easter found you well and you had some time to reflect on its amazing message. Not only do the Italians spend the week before preparing, but they also take off the day after, which is called Pasquetta (meaning little cute Easter, or something like that). One scripture that I have loved so much this last week is Romans 8:37-39. It is so amazing the love and the comfort that God is waiting and wanting to offer us. A question we get asked alot here is why does God let so much suffering, but this morning I realized how much we are loved, and how many blessings are surrounding us everyday that we fail to see. The power of a smile, the smells of spring, the warmth of the sun, the comfort of the scriptures that hit just the right spot and remind us of the important things, and the opportunity we have to purify ourselves and be clean when we do make mistakes, we are so blessed. I just love Easter, and I am so greatful for the Love of our Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for us, because he in fact does loves us. It is really just so amazing to me, I mean so Amazing.
Easter was nice. It rained for two days straight, and one of our investigaters mentioned that maybe it was the heavens crying. It was also amzing how quiet the streets were, there was honestly no one, so we moved our pday to monday so that we would not waste time.
I dont know if I mentioned anything about Angela, but she is doing well, and I learn new things everytime we teach her. This last time she mentioned how work is so stressful, so I bore my testimony about how God really does answer our prayers, because he does care, and how sometimes we receive those answers in the scriptures. Before I knew it she pulled out her scriptures and said are you going to open them or am I? Without realizing what was going on I said why dont you. She then started reading in Alma 32 and learned of having patience or trust. I was greatful for that tender mercy, but then we testified of how the scriptures we written for us, that no matter where she reads she can find truth, learn, find guidance and application to her life, and this is why read them everyday.
Other news of the week, it was my firsts for alot of things. We had Zone Conference where President Taranto mentioned the importance of bearing quick brief testimony from the start, to give them something to grasp on to, and Grandpa, thank you for reinforcing the importance of that :) I am sure it was not a coincidence. We also did Mostra for the first time, we went down to Centro, or Old Bari and visited with people shopping. It was really neat for me because I went on splits with one of the ysadults of the ward, and her confidence and earnestness to share what she knew with others was so cool. What else, I have never been kissed so much in my life. It still catches me off guard sometimes, but it is good, I am sure it won't hurt me, if anything it is a blessing. Not to mention the members here are amazing, and I have yet to talk to someone who is not a convert with an amazing story.
Anyhow Lindsey I cant believe it is already that time for your recital, you are going to love it I promise. And why not enjoy it? this might be the only time you have one so just have fun and show off how hard you have been working.
Emma, Sam, Critter, and Joe, you know I love you and always think about you, I never leave my appartment without a picture of you. Infact Emma, this week I was trying to talk with a girl who was nine, and having a hard time and then she started singing Highschool musical songs and was so impressed when I knew them too, and it made me think of you.
Love you all, hope you have a fantastic week!
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment