Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer Has Officially Arrived!

Cara Famiglia Mia-
It was so fun and so weird to talk to you all. Chris I can not believe how different you sound, Joe I hope you are not getting to cool for me, Emma you are just darling, and Sam I forgot how much I love your giggle. It sounds like everyone is keeping busy though and doing good things I am sorry there was not alot of time to hear everything, but you are always welcome to write me.
Bari has been quite the happening place. I mentioned how this weekened was a large festa here, but I did not realize that it meant it would be SO big. The whole beach walk was decked out with lights, vendors, and thousands of people. They definetly put our fireworks to shame with an airshow with jets that let out three colors of smoke and made designs overhead in the air. That night though after a long day of work we were so excited to go to bed when Bari decided to go crazy. Apparently the soccer team made it into devision A, but Horns started honking, fireworks were going off, and there were people were singing in the streets, and driving down the streets with the Bari flag hanging out their car windows and off of their scooters. It was really insane! The Italian's by no means lack spirit, if only we could help fill them with a little more of The Spirit, it would be AMAZING.
As for the missionary work this week, we have had a lot of lessons with members and investigaters together, and I have learned so much. It is neat to see how the members reach out, but also relate to them and are able to help them in areas where we can not. We also met a girl in the park who is 22, has the cutest little boy, and is wanting to explore religion, and find more direction in her life. However, I think one of the biggest mirracles we saw this week was with an innactive membor that we have been trying to visit for 6 weeks now, and it has fallen through everytime. Finally we were able to find a time to meet Tuesday. We called Monday to make sure that everything was still okay. So yesterday we walked to her house, and found her in tears. As it turns out her sister died just yesterday. We went in and sang a couple of hymns with her and just listened. But it was neat because she shared how it was a sign for her of Heavenly Father's love, how he has always been there we she needed him most. It was sad to see that she was hurt, but comforting to see her strength, testimony, and witness of Heavenly Father's love. I seriously just don't understand how it is that he has so many children and yet he always has time for us when we need Him, and loves us each individually. Its really pretty neat. I know that we are surrounded by His tender mercies everyday, and that miracles are not just a thing of the past. I love you all. Have a great week, don't forget to wear sunscreen. Oh I also forgot to tell you on the phone that there are many members here from the ward and bishopric that wanted me to Salute you for them (say hello). Much Love, Happy Last Days of school!
Sorella Robb

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Whitney! I knew you would be an awesome missionary. Thanks for sharing your testimony. And thanks Lindsey for keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete