Monday, October 12, 2009

Yay for General Conference

Hello Friends!
I dont know if you realize it but this weekend is conference, which is pretty much as exciting as Christmas. We have been running around telling people about how there is a living prophet and they can come and listen to him this week. It's kind of a big deal and I so excited! Last time we were able to listen in english, but if we have investigaters come maybe we will listen in Italian.
This week was exciting, and we had five people who made progress which is a lot more than when I started and it is so exciting getting to watch people grow. I know I talked about Piera and Valentina before, the two girls who want to get baptized but can't yet, but we had a great lesson with them this week and they have stopped smoking! We talked about prayer, about stratggies to avoid the temptation, and then in order to understand their struggles Sorella Wendorf and I decided we will not eat chocolate, seeing as how others offer it to us all the time, it is kind of like the temptation they face. Anyways today we received a call from them and they said that they are not even the slightest bit tempted anymore!!!! Other news is that the members here are continuing to impress us. We had an activity saturday and the people we brought were surrounded by friends and others who have been helping us in the lessons. I am also working on my soccer skills, but they are not going anywhere very fast, and yet the italians are impressed I think because girls here just do not play.
Sam I am sad you are forgetting my face, but I forgive you. I will try and send you some pictures soon. I love you all. Lindsey have fun in California, I am sending a package for Omi to you because i still do not have her address. Mom I probably can not carry around a capri sun bag, but you can save it for me when I get home ;) Joe and Critter you should try and really understand what it is that you are reading, it will come in super handy on the mission, I sure wish I had done more.
Well I've got to run, but I will write you again next week. Happy Conference and enjoy the sticky buns, they do not exist here!

sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment