Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MTC P-day Numero Due

Dear Family and Friends-
What an adventure this MTC experience has been. I really did not know what to expect when I was coming in, but I am really learning and embracing every little bit that I can. I have to admit that the most stressful part of the week is trying to send out emails. Just imagine seeing a red flashing number in the corner of your eye, typing as fast as you can, and then being reminded every five minutes that you type slow and your time is running out. But really I think I will be alright. Its crazy to know that I have only been here two weeks. The time is flying by, but I feel like I have known some of these people forever and it really just messes with your head.
I mentioned a little about my district last time, but I suppose I could spill a little more info. The three of us are all going to Catania and will be leaving together at the end of March. We are finally figuring out how to teach between the three of us without vomiting info all over the investigater. Both of them are from right here in Utah, so we hear from their families all the time. No joke, Sorella White's mom sends a packaged of fresh baked goods every other day so we decided to start up a little bake sale buisness and it is going pretty well. Actually we joke all the time, becuase I make her run all the time, and she makes me eat her sweets, so together we keep eachother in balance.
We have had some cool teaching oportunities, but honestly some of the best have been within our own district. Anziono Bullock is still trying to adjust to this huge lifesyle change and we have had some really cool oportunities to bear testimony and just teach eachother. Also this week in the RC (call center) I was on chat with a girl named Lorelei from Pennsylvania who wants to know more about her church so I shared a little with her and tomorrow we set up a time to chat some more so I am excited and will let you know how that goes.
Otherwise, life is just good. Sometimes at night my eyes burn a little bit becuase I have been studying and reading for so long, but its always gone by the next day and it is way worth it, for learning such a beautiful language. I am so excited to teach! Everyday my teachers go off about how incredible the people of Italy are and what a blessing it is to serve there. . . only 7 more weeks. Well happy Valentines Day to you all. I love you more than you know!

Love Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey! You are such a good big sister. Thanks for posting these. I loved reading what Sorella Robb had to say.

    ReplyDelete