Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Excitement is Growing!

Mom, Family Friends and all of you who I love so dearly!
Thank you for making such an incredible Birthday even when I was not even with you! Lindsey I absolutely loved the cards and about died when I opened them. Katie and Kristen, I wanted to take a picture with your food, but the Anziani devoured it before I had the chance. One of my friends Sorella Rossi, whos family is from Firenze couldn't believe that you made the pane, she was like it looks just like it does in Italy and it smells amazing. The notes, food, cards, everything was perfect so thank you so much, it was a Birthday I will never forget.
I have to admit that the icing on the cake was the fact that Elder Ballard came that night and spoke to us. It was so PERFECT. Just a few highlights, he talked about being Enthusiastic, being a master teacher so that you could teach anyone, anthing, anywhere anytime, and on top of that he promised us blessings that we could if we will do our part and Own the Info. Of course he also just had the most powerful testimony and just said "He lives(Christ) and I know it." I will never forget it or the conviction in his voice and in his eyes, and I cant wait to go out and share that with others.
Unfortunately, despite my excitement I am coming to find that this whole language buisness is going to make me have to work really hard. Every Sunday our branch presidency choose two people to give a five minute talk in church on a certain topic. Because they are so nice they don't even tell us ahead of time who it will be until they are at the pulpit. Knowing that they do love the sisters a little more and hardly ever have them speak, and still being the mezzo newbies, my companion and I were not worried. As we took a quick little trip to the restroom right beofre, President Engerbretsen was like so are you two ready to speak? We both laughed and were like Of COUrse! with two big grins on our face. Well guess whos names were announced over the puplit. It was a shocker, and President just smiled and laughed. We were sitting on the front row and apparently Sorella White had a face of relief when they announced my name since there is only ever one sister that speaks and then when they said her name her jaw dropped.
Really it was good though. Especially becuase we just got 25 new missionaries on wednessday, and where I was so worried that I would make no sense, there was nothing more comforting than the newbies faces when I would say words like Gesu Cristo and Obedienza, and their faces would light up and their heads nodded, I loved it!
Well sorry for the long stories, just a few other updates our companion almost died, but Sorella White and I saved him. We taught our first lesson in Italian yesterday and it kind of felt like getting hit by a truck. The weather is absolutely amazing here right now and the mountains are gorgeous. I Loved you before I came and now I love you even more. I know that the Gospel blesses lives, and I am am excited to share that message no matter how broken my Italian is. Thanks for everything. Hope all is well!

Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment