Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Critter

Mother! And family and friends!
Mom I hope you have made it to Utah alright. With your driving record I must admit I am a little scared, but I also know that you are very wise and do not do stupid things. Also, I even already received your snail mail yesterday, it was super fast! Thanks, its always nice to find things in our mailbox that are not political fliers!
This week is super exciting, because there is a baptism for our ward. It is an interesting story of someone who ran into elders a good handful of years ago and told that it just was not a good time. Anyhow, towards the beginning of the year he just showed up in church and said he was ready to hear our mesage and that he wanted to learn. He is a very intellectual person and has wanted to take it slowly, but it got to the point where he said I don't want to wait anymore, I can already see so many amazing changes in my life I don't want to wait any longer. So that is his story and Saturday is his baptism and he is really excited as are we.
Today i was thinking it would share some of my favorite things about summer here in Italy. #1- our vetran members. There are a number of amazing women who because of health are not able to come to church and we get to visit them for service. This week we visited Sorella Leone who I believe is in her 80s if not 90s. Anyways this week we went to see her and asked her what day it was, and with tears in her eyes she said "40 years ago, today, I was baptised with my daughter." She then shared some of her experiences and testified of the blessings she has seen in her life. Sometimes I fail to aknowledge just how blessed I have been my whole life. Eveything I was brought up to be as normal family values, activities and even feelings I felt are a luxury that so many people do not have. #2. Talking with the people on the streets, sometimes I love it and sometimes it breaks my heart. For example last week we took and stoll in the park just before going home and met an amazing couple. She was telling us about what it means to put into practice your beliefs. we were able to teach and testify about the love of our Savior and how we can apply it and use it to help strengthen our families. We walked away with goosebumps, it was amazing. On the other hand yesterday I was talking with someone else who was telling me about some of his weeknesses but how thats just life and he cant help it and its too late to change, or there are people who don't believe that they are worthy enough to pray to our Heavenly Father, and this to me is sooooo Sad!!! 3. The Fruit, it is amazing! Papa you know how you love cherries, well here they are less than 50 cents a pounds and they are fresh off the tree. Also peaches, appricots, soon figs... it is quick the treat after returning home from hours on foot in this hot heat.
Communque, I hope every is having a good summer, and taking time to realize just how blessed we are. Critter! I know you are at your special camp, but I hope you have an amazing birthday! Also James I believe it might also be your birthday, Auguri! Emma thanks for your picture it was gorgeous and made my day. Really, I show off my family everyday, you all mean so much to me. Joe congrats with a good experience, now if you wouldnt mind doing me a favor and sharing some of the wealth (aka efy music) I would love you for the eternities :) Hope everyone has a great week and remembers to open up the scripture and partake of some of the Good News. A favorite scripture for the week DC 29:4-5 . Happy Travels, and Hilary Harris- Congrats. Love you Much!
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment