Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

Salve tutti!
Welcome to summer time! I know I have mentioned alot about the Italian people and culture, but they never cease to amaze me. It just makes me laugh because most of the time they are so direct it is great, and sometimes they just say things that make me laugh. They will say wow you are beautiful, ask, have you gained weight?, or even tell the drama of their life just within the first few minutes of talking with them. So summer has definetly arrived and it is a little on the hotside, and the Italians know it. Like most missionaries we try doing all sorts of different activities to find ways to talk to people, and one of those is doing house. We always receive all sorts of fun responses but this week we were told "sorry, I can not do anything right now, it is just too hot." Another things that is different about the culture here is that if you ask a question there is always a "right answer." Because we are always all over the place we often need to ask for directions to a street or something, and they always tell us where to go. Very rarely are these instructions correct, but many times it has led us to people we needed to talk to (sorry if I have already shared this before, but is a part of out everyday life). It really is just so neat to see how the Lord works.
Yesterday we had Zone conference which is why I am writing a day later today, but as always it was a great way to refuel and refill excitement for the work. We talked alot about the spirit. Where we find it, how we recognize it, and the blessings of obeying it. I was thinking alot about it, and how big of a role it plays in my life right now. I remember in the MTC my teachers said that the spirit would be there and guide all aspects of your work if you try to listen. I have to admit, I thought that seemed a little extreem and over the top, but I am learning that I had never made myself familiar enough to recognize it. This is why I love the scriptures, because we get to learn from them, be edified, but we also get to have that time to feel the spirit, and then we can recognize those same feelings later. Just like we recognize our closest friends voices better than someone we met once.
How is everyone doing? Joe I hope you have an amazing time at EFY, don't be ashamed of your New Mexicaness, the girls will dig it! :) i will try and eat enough gelato for you all, its kind of a rough life ;). We actually spent some time with an investigater who taught us how to make focaccia, and that hopefully I will be able to share with you all someday.
This life really does have so much joy to offer. I hope that everyone has a fantasic week, wearing sunscreen, drinking lots of water, and helping out your local missionaries! They will love you for it, I promise.

P.s. Critter, Emma, and Sam, Mom tells me you have lots of time maybe even too much. . . you are always welcome to write me!

Love you all!
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment