Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Festa!

So I started to think that it was a special Italian thing to have every other day be a Holiday, but I am realizing that is just life. Dad Happy Birthday, and Also happy Fathers Day! I am sorry I am missing your 49th, but I do what I can to send another gray hair your way, eveyone thinks you are way too young to be my dad. Omi and Papa, happy 50th! That is so neat, and you both have been such great examples to me, and I love my dad, so thank you for raising him to be so great and to teach me such amazing truths, pretty much I love my family, so thank you for this incredible blessing in my life! Also, I almost forgot this one, but happy 4th of July (i guess technically that is next week)! Had it not been for the fact we went and visited a member yesterday who grew up in Utah and was wearing a 4th of July Shirt I would have forgotten that it meant anything at all. So enjoy the fireworks, watermelon, and if you can maybe even go to a rodeo!
Just like every other week, this week was filled with excitement, suprises, and so many priceless experiences and lessons. To start there was the baptism of Maurizio, which was so neat. My companion Sorella Black and I played for an musical number and for the last verse everyone came in singing together for "I know that MY Redeemer Live," and the words, paired with the spirit, and Maurizio, was so powerful! so incredible! I get chills just thinkng about it. Sunday it rained, and what better place to be than outside, We had a an Unbrella, which kept our eyebrows dried, but didnt really slow down the river than was rushing down the street, but it did slow down people that had nowhere to go but talk with us.
This week was also tranfers, and we now have an Italian in our District, his grandmother is actually in our ward, so everyone is very excited, but this also means that now everything we do is going to be in Italian so it will be a great push for me. We are still being fed way to much pasta, and are served gelato if we are lucky just once a day, but sometimes its even twice. However, despite how much we are fed physically it never ceases to amaze me how much I am taught and fed spiritually. Yesterday, I decided I needed to be a little more Like Ether, and put more energy into my prayers. I dont know that I understand yet what it means to wrestle with the Lord, but I so badly wanted to know what I could do to help this family. Afterwards I proceeded to my personal study, and came across something in a random chapter, that was completely out of sequence with what I'd been study and yet I really felt like I needed to share it. Anyways long story short, we are talking with this person and she said, this is going to sound so silly, and I don't know why I am even asking you this, but ... andthen she proceed with the question that was answered with what I had studied that morning. It is no cooincidence that our Heavenly Father answers us so much that he answers our prayers, but it is very cool. I am so greatful for His patience and His guidance. The things that I dont understand is how everytime I try to serve Him he just blesses me, its really not fair.
Communque, Dad and Brothers of mine, I hope you all return safely. Mom thanks for being so wonderful, Emma you are too cute, and Sam you're the man. Sorry for the mushiness, but as the 40 year old Italian man said to us on the streets this morning as he answered His mother's phone call... "excuse me I am [becoming] Italian." I love y'all I always will! Thanks for tutto, the letters, emails, evening those ones that are a little fewer and far between! My Friends you are great! Tante Belle Cose! Mi Racommando!
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment