Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What a Life!

Ciao Cari!
Mom I am so glad to hear you are getting some sleep! Emma dad tells me that you loved wicked the most, you need to tell me all about it. I hope that everyone is loading up on the sunscreen, because there is no need to get burned when we know how to avoid it.
Four months later, I am still here Bari and love it! Sunday night, my "mother" of the mission left me, which was strange. She was the one who knew the streets, led the way and was a pro at the language, but not to worry, I have a new companion and she is a delight! Monday I spent the day with Sorella Anderson, a missionary from a close by city and we went and visited one of our investigators Francesca. That was one of those moments I wish I could have captured and brought home with me. Italians are so animated it is amazing, and I am pretty sure you can not exaggerate (paradon my spelling) the extent of the situation. She has been really busy with her store and life this last week so we went to find her. As she was ringing people through the line, she was also telling her adventures and frustrations from the day, yelling, laughing, slamming things in a gentle way, and giving people discounts. Just watching her was an adventure in its self, but then after talking with her for just a little bit she really started to calm down, and she then she said " I understand that we are here to learn, that this experience is to help me learn patience, but why is it so hard for us to endure and to do those things that we know are right, why is it so simple and yet so complicated?" It really is so interesting, that we know what makes us happy. I know that I prefer being comfortably tan rather than sunburned but sometimes at the moment it seems so much easier to skip the time and stickness of the sunscreen. My companion and I have been thinking alot about this, and just reflecting back on my own experiences I always want to try and think that I am strong enough that I can do things overcome things myself. The whole blessing and reality of the Atonement is that we don't ever have to face anything on our own. I like in 2 nephi 9: 51 where it talks about letting our hearts delight in fatness. There are so many amazing blessings and promises that we find in the scriptures that I know are true, but getting over my pride and realing that I will get burned if I take on the Sun by myself. Its not like the sun is bad, in fact it is a huge blessing and we need it to live, and it is even more enjoyable when we accept that little bit of help so we dont get burned.
Woops... Sorry for that tangent. Anyways one of the funnest parts of this newcompanionship is that she has only been out in the field 3 months longer than me, so our speaking skills our about the same. There is no more hiding or turning with the big "help me" eyes to my companion, we are 100% in this together. Yesterday was our first day an it was a blast. There was a suprise rain storm, and we got stranded in the park us and our two huge umbrellas and a darling couple with nothing. We talked with them, gave them an umbrella and then we talked about the gospel, and Nella the wife loved it! She is one of the happiest people I have met since I have been here, with a huge smile, a countageous laugh. It was a great testimony builder for all of us, and we have another appointment with them tomorrow!
Well happy vacationing time, and back to school for some of you. Thanks for your all of your support, I have yet to figure out why I am so blessed with such a perfect life with so many amazing people, it really does not seem fair at times. I love you all!!! Alot!

Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment