Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How you've grown!

Critter, who are you?! Dad thank you for the pictures, I really did get a kick out of them, the only problem is that I did not get to see a picture of mom. Don't worry mom, its not that I have forgotten what you look like or anything, and I am sure you are just as gorgeous as always.
Well welcome back to school everyone. I really wish that everyone here was going back to school, but thats okay, in the meantime it is fun coming up with activities to do and ways to find people.
Friday was actually the big day off, its called feragosto, and we spent it cleaning! We listened to some Christmas songs and got to hear alot about the life of my companion Sorella Wendorf and I really enjoyed it. It definetly was a little bit of an adjustment in the beginning learning to always be with someone else, but I really do love it. And it is so fun to know that everything you experience there is someone else there with you who you can talk about it later with.
I wish I could tell you that I was kidding when I say that Bari is a ghost town in these days, but you can honestly walk a good while without seeing a single person. However, the park is as lively as it has ever been, as is by far my favorite place here in Bari. There is a bench of old ladies there everyday that are so funny and tell us to go get married, there is a little old man named vito who speaks english from back in the old days and listens to his english radio, and then there are lots of other families there, many of whom we have taught in the fast, or we teach everytime we find them.
On Sunday there was a suprise visit from an older sister in the ward who happens to be a friend with one of our investigaters and so yesterday we were able to have a lesson all together, and it was amazing how she was able to reach him on a whole different level of understanding and help him understand the reality and then we were able to teach and testify using the scriptures. Our Heavenly father loves us, and I am so grateful that he gave us the scriptures as a reminder.
As far as other things go, my Italian is getting better, but my English is getting worse. It is getting to the point where I cant speak a whole sentence in English without using some sort of Italian word. Also, we are finally perfecting our focaccia. The people here might not be that excited to talk about how hot it is, but they love it when you love their culture, and they love to help you understand. Not only has this opened our eyes to making a much better focaccia, but it has also allowed for some great opportunities to share the gospel oddly enough.
Anyways I am sorry this email was not very eventful, but this room is extremely warm and the computer is not working. Sam I love love your faces! Critter you must have been standing on stilts or something, because I do not believe that you are that tall. Dad I hate to say it but you look pretty tired. Johnny I am proud of you working on school, you can do it, make it happen. Mom even if you do no think you life is that exciting or eventful I absolutely love it, thanks for sharing it with me. Emma I love you! Ciao tutti, have a great week! Love ya'll oodles!!!!

Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment