Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Settembre

Ciao i miei bei cari!
How are you all, and life in September? Mom I too am really quite suprised that you did not tell me that you and dad would be taking this adventure, but I hope you have a wonderful time and are able to enjoy it. I am sitting here trying to think how already another week has passed, its really quite frightening to be perfectly honest. I know I am no where close to coming home, but I really can't imagine getting rid of my name tag that gives me the excuse to talk to anyone at anytime about the gospel. I would not trade this vip card for anything else.
This last week we had a fun little andventure with our apartment, that helped us to better appreciate our ancestors. Thursday we woke up with no electricity, and thought huh... thats odd. We then talked with some of our neighbors, learned a whole vocabulary, but found out nothing other than the fact that there was a short circuit in our appartment. The really good news was that all of our members, and i mean all of the members from our stake in southern Italy were at the temple in Switzerland. We were so thrilled for them, they were all so excited seeing as they are only able to take the 15 hour bus ride once a year. So anyways this meant that all of our help was out of town for the week. It was quite the experience. We were very creative with the food that was going bad in our fridge, we did our nightly with a candle, and became very greatful very quickly for all the blessings we have in our life. Sunday night we were dropped off by a member and discoved that the short was caused by the one and only thing in the house we forgot to unplug, our water heater. So anyways, the power is back, but the cold showers are here to stay atleast for a couple more days. How blessed we are though that we are still enjoying this nice hot summer weather and in the middle of winter. It is so very amazing to me the many miracles that take place in our lives everyday, and the many blessings we have that we do not even think about. I am also greatful for a Heavenly Father who knows us so well that he will compell us to be humble when we fall short in thanking Him, so that we are able to see all these many blessings that surround us. I have never in my life been so greatful for being so hot and sweaty in the morning after running as I have been this last week with our nice ice cold showers. Also, I knew that the members here have been an amazing strength for our work, but trying to work without them this week, and then having them back on Sunday we were practically in tears as we witnessed miracles and amazing service. Antonio and his son Francesco came to church on Sunday again. Francesco loves singing the hymns in sacrament meeting, and Leo the only 8 year old in the ward is in tears when he thinks about having to be separated from Francesco. It was so cute, when we were talking with Leo's mom about his baptism, she said that Leo is wanting to get baptised with Francesco. Church was amazing! I love our members, and Antonio and Francesco. It is especially amazing, because now regardless of who the missionaries are they are now also taken care of and have friendships within the ward.
Francesco is also making a lot of progress. Her daughter is getting married this week, so we have just made a couple of stops by her store, but it is amazing how her testimony has already increased so much just from a little study. Where before she would always send us away with two or three questions to research this last time we went she said "you know it is really interesting, eversince I have started reading I have only found myself with answers rather than questions." It is so true though. I am so greatful for the amazing guide to our life that we have thanks to the scriptures, we just have to remember to open them up and read them if we really want to benefit from them.
Well, what else can I say... I am so greatful for the opportunity that we all have to be missionaries in bringing more light and joy into the lives of others! I love the scriptures, I am learning to love cold water, and I am so greatful for my family!!!
Jonny, I am so proud of you, I always knew you would be a great student. Joe patience is such a fun attribute to work on developing, have Lindsey show you the passage in PMG, it will be a good thing to work on for you mission. Critter, Emma, Sam, your all my favorites!
Have a great week! Happy Cruise!

Sorella Robb

Reply

Reply to all

Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment