Wednesday, September 9, 2009

transfers?

Hey girly! So mom did tell me about you babysitting, but I had no idea about to the whole seminary thing, that is so neat! I am pretty much obsessed with the Book of Mormon. I really am kind of embarrassed that I was so bad about reading my scriptures before on a regular basis, but I am greatful for all that I have learned and for how cool all of the prophets are. And that fact that you have an office that is pretty big time! Where is it that you are teaching? Are you in Salt Lake or what? This last week we went did scambi with the sisters from taranto and Sorella Williams is from East Mill Creek stake and lives right up behind skyline, isn't that cool?
As for the missionary life it is good, this week we had one of the hottest, most humid days that I have ever faced and it was followed up by a beautiful breezey autumn day. We also had our interviews with President Taranto, and he asked me "how are you doing Sorella Robb? You have now been here in Bari for a good long while, six months, how are you feeling?" I told him how are work is going really really well and Sorella Wendorf is wonderful and that where ever the Lord wants me I am pleased to be. Apparently he told my companion though that we should treat this week as though it is our last because there is a good chance I will get transfered, if not this week for sure the Prossimo. So who knows, I am greatly for such an incredible president who works so closely with the spirit, he seemed a little overwhelmed as well and said that he has a lot of praying to do, but there is a chance that next week when I write I will be somewhere down in Catania.
Our work just keeps getting better and better. We finally met the wife of Antonio, and it turns out that a good handful of years ago she came to church for four months or something and knows some of the members. We took the book of mormon stories to their son Francesco, and he was so excited! With our finding we have also had some neat experiences as we have been following our mission president's council to use power approahes. Basically we walk up to people, start bearing testimony and then ask them a question of the soul and leave a commitment. With one young couple we left them with a book of mormon, with another man we met in the park we discovered that earlier that day he had talked with the Anziani (Elders) downtown but did not give them much of a chance, but recognized that it was no coincidence that we later ran in to them. Anyways we will see how things go, but it really is incredible the power of a good sincere testimony, and to be reminded constantly of the miracles that are taking place.
Speaking of miracles, we also had our stake conference this week
with one of the members of the Europe Area Presidency, President Teixeiia ( he is the one from Portugal I think). Anyhow for the first time in the history of the church of all the members of the area presidency are from this area, and not one of them is from the states. It was also neat because he promised the stake that by the time the temple in Rome is dedicated he will be speaking Italian, fluently. He then closed his talk with his testimony in Italian and had a very spanish accent but it was sincere and cute. During his talk he shared lots of stories, but there was one that made me reflect a bit. It was about someone who lost lots of things, and then the only thing he had left he gave away to someone who was in need. At the end of the story this item that he gave away saved someones life, but was also returned to him. He then spoke of how the things that we give away are the things we recieve in return. I then thought of our missionary work and how true it is. If we share a smile, sometimes we recieve a smile, but when we share our there is a greater chance of the people gaining one.
So moral of the story is it is a lot better to share things while we have them then to try and store them and have them taken away. Sorry if it does not make sense, but it made a lot more sense in my head.
I love you Linds, when mom gets back you can just share this email with her?
Thanks for your example and for taking care of me and sending my email, it is always a highlight durning the week. Love you lots, tell Chip Cheney hello for me! Oh yeah, ps Sorella Williams from Salt Lake plays violin and we played a duet out of the Hymn book together for zone conference and I thought of you. Have fun filling in mom shoes and cooking. Love you lots.
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment