Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Email from the MTC

So this is the real thing. We got our flight plans last Thursday and head out this monday! Mom i will send you a copy in the mail, but we leave slc at 7:15 and arrive in atlanta georgia at 12:57 and are there until 4:05, so expect a call sometime around then.
You know those saying that go "you know you are a ______ when...," well you know you are a missionary when you get to see your sister who you love and it is totally awkward. I was just convinced it was a dream beacause I just felt extremely weird and never quite snapped out of it. And Johnny thank you for your nice heart felt note :)
So how is life for everyone? Chris I hope you are loving NYC and Washington DC and getting warmer weather than we have had hear.
I was trying to think of things I could share about the MTC experience that I haven't already and I decided I will share with you some of the common mistakes we make in speaking Italian. So to say I like, you would say "Mi piace" however to say I love you say "Io amo" the mistake being that we often say "Mi amo" which means I love myself. The other one that is a little harsher is when we say Cristo suffered. If it was a normal congugation it would be Cristo ha soffrito, however it is not it is "Cristo ha sofferto," so when we do say Cristo ha sofferto it means Christ was deep fried. The other one that Anziano Bullock loves to confuse it better and wife, so for one of our lessons he accidently asked if the investigater had a wife for him, instead of saying she prayed better than him. Also, yesterday we all wore JODY dresses, it was terribly wonderful, and hopefully the first and last time that happens, but our companion was having a rough day, and we didn't know how to help so we could have the spirit for our last day to teach ing the TRC, and the JODY dresses turned around the day. I pretty much have a testimony of them.
Today we spent all day in the temple. Since they have been so nice as to give us free rental clothes this whole time we decided to go and do service in the laundry room and it was really neat. Afterward we got to do sealings and an endowement. I am really going to miss having that opporunity to go every week, but I also so very excited to go teach and share the message of the gospel with the people in Italy!
Well my time is running out, but thank you everyone for your letters and such. Lindsey thank you also for your help with the blogg you are pretty much amazing and you know I dont deserve it. I love you all so so so very very much and love this gospel and the joy it brings. Jonny I hope you feel better, and Joe, please don't change your geeky ways.

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment