Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bulldog, Spain, Elvira, District Conference, and Splits

Happy Wednesday. I dont know where to begin, but I guess I will start with Happy Thanksgiving!!! Tomorrow that is. It really is not something very well known here and our activity was cancelled so we are probably going to spend it visiting people and letting them know why we are thankful for them. We are also going to attempt a pumkin pie, but it might be a little dangerous because we have to make it 100% from scratch, pumkin included. Boh we will see. Anyways I hope that you all enjoy the thanksgiving parade, a nice family walk, and that it is full of fun memories. If you feel it is necessary you can even write me a little note about it, I will even give you my Address :)
As for this week I am not really sure where to begin so I will share with you so of the highlights now so are silly and some are seriously neat.

Bulldog: How do you say bulldog in Italian?
I don't know so I decided to ask a man that we had seen a good 3 or 4 times. So he said american bulldog, and then said "why do you like him?" and I said "yes he is beautiful" (bello, a word used much more commonly here) then he said "No, you are more beautiful... no really." It was an interesting experience, we laughed a bit, but I learned that it is not the best tactic to share the gospel. However I can now have confidence in the fact that I am more beautiful than a bulldog :)

Spain: lindsey this one is for you!
THis week we spent lots of time in the buses traveling to different cities, but on Monday we were getting back from siracusa when a lady asked us if we knew where a street was, and we told her. I then felt like I should go ask her where they were going and if we can help. Turns out she is here on vacation with her friend from Madrid Spain!!! Her Italian was very spanish, but we walked them and their luggage to their destination and I shared with her the gospel, and she gave me her number and address to send to the missionaries there in Madrid! She is amazing and so golden, and Im sure will love the message even more when it is in her own language!

Elvira: Never say never
Sorella Campo is our amazing and I really mean amazing member missionary, i will have to tell you more about her another time becuase she is an email in itself. Anyways SHe took some of the lessons 3 years ago but nothing happened and so we went over together just to see how she is. THen she came to church and now we are going over a couple times a week, because she wants to learn everything! yay

Splits: I was reminded that I live in Italy
I went to Siracusa for a day to do splits with Sorella Morgan. It just so happens to be part of Pauls journey which is insane, it is also right next to the sea. We had an amazing time and found a wonderful family from Romania. I also got to go running next to the sea in the morning.

Conference: I have a new hero, Elder Gerald J. Caussé
He came to the district conference ( Sicily is still a district, not yet a stake) where there were over 600 people present. It was great and his talk was about something that we all needed to hear. He talked about how we are in sea in the midst of a great storm, its obvious, but that we have been given a boat to help us stay afloat and that boat is the church(and the gospel of Christ) that the thing even more comforting is that there is a captain who is Christ himself. He then said "Never try and swim and do it on your own when you can be on the boat, everyone is welcome!" He spoke of not being selfish, and forgiving others, and living worthy of having the spirit so that we are able to change. I loved it. The other quote that stuck with me was. "We can all change, when we live in a way where we can feel the spirit. However it is also a very long journey, and because its long we need to start today." It was perferct for so many of us, and I found a lot of the answers for myself and also some of our investiagters. It is crazy how efficient and real inspiration is.

Sorry this email is so long, hope you able to enjoy atleast some part of it. I am greatful to have you all in my life. I have learned so much also from your examples and am so blessed to get to share these things with others. Happy THanksgiving, I hope you are able to give lots of thanks and realize just how blessed you are!

Lots of Love,
Sorella Robb

Ps. mother Sicily is a much different world. Sometimes they dont really even consider themselves italian, because they are sicilian, but I will fill you in more on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment