Saturday, December 19, 2009

Its true, I have left the puglia and entered sicily!

How is it that you all aready knew? Maybe it is just because we are close like that. I'd have to say that this last week was one of the best weeks, but also one of the most difficults weeks as well. Thursday night we recieved that terrifying phone call from president, the one that means that everything is about to change, but you don't know how. We were running behind a little bit trying to catch a train, and with the call, the tardiness, and i guess maybe the adrenaline rush we managed to catch the train going in the wrong direction.
Anyways, I am now in Ragusa which is down in the hills of Sicily, that is to say the city is a hill. Its is ancient, historic, filled with thousands of darling old people, and a very heavy accent mixed with a lot of dialect. My companion Sorella Stevenson is great, she is in her 2nd transfer (shes been here six weeks is all) but had studied the language for 2 and a half years before the mission and is really doing very well. The only thing is that she is a lot like me. President told me before that she is very quiet, so it is a good thing that I am so outgoing. I still have not figured out if he was saying that as a joke or not, but I am excited to get to work with her and to be pushed in my courage.
Leaving Bari was a lot more difficult than I thought. Saying bye I never thought would be such a big deal. One of our investigaters had a breakdown, and saying farewell to some of the members who I have gotten to work with and grown to love was not easy. There were so many miracles that happened thanks to their help I will never forget them, nor do I worry about the work that I left because I know it is all in great hands. Sunday night the members helped us get all of my luggage in the car and then we went to the bus station where myself and two of the elders were waved off by members. It was pretty intense. We then hopped on the bus that we took that drove us through the night to Catania. When we arrived president picked us up, took us to eat waffles at the mission home, and Then all of us who were transfered were taken to the station to catch our trains.
You want to know what is really crazy is that today is October 28th! Nine months from when I entered the MtC, which also means that I am half way through! The learning never stops, the miracles are always baffling, and the work is never ending but so much fun! I could not imagine my life without all the things that I have learned, the tears that we have shared with those who are struggling, the people who have changed me, the testimony that I have gained of the restoration, and the constant reminders that Heavenly Father answers our Prayers. Sorella Lewis who is the sister that just left to go home from here did some amazing work with the members and they are so excited about the work and I can't wait.
Well Joseph Robb, happy Birthday! and good luck with Tennis this weekend (ps are you playing singles or doubles?). Emma I sent you a package so it should be headed your way! Mom hang in there, and know that everything you do strengthens not just those there. One of the members in Bari thanked me for the work I had done, but he more imporant than anything is that I need to pass it on and thank you and Dad because of how you raised me. And I must admit it is 100 % true, so thank you! Well I hope you all have an amazing week and a happy halloween! Love you all
Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment