Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mammamia!

Ciao!
Wow, what a week, I am not even sure where to begin. Seems like blessings are just being dumped out of Heaven. Well Jessica, way to go on following through on the referal! I am sure if he stole your heart he has got to be a real winner! Michelle congrats on the news, and Peter and Kristen, I am so excited and very happy for you. I never thought I would see the day, but I love you both so much and am having a hard time containing my excitment. Also Jonathan Jarman, congrats on the mission call and making a very good and rewarding choice, you have got quite the adventure awaiting you, best thing you can do right now is read the Book of Mormon as much as you can it is really going to be your best friend, I LOVE it! Hope that everyone else had a wonderful time for thanksgiving, and was able to enjoy the spirit of being greatful on top of the experience of being overlyfull.
Our little city of Ragusa is doing really well. Thanksgiving I must say did not exist as far as an American Dictionary would define it, but boy did we have a week packed full of giving thanks. We decided to use it as an excuse for talking with people and making suprise visits and it was a blast. We would go and sing the hymn "count your blessings" and then read d&C 136:28-29. It is so true that we all have reason to rejoice, and whats even cooler is that when sometimes we are having a hard time, all we have to do is ask, and our heavenly Father is really good about reminding us and reminding us.

Experiences and updates from this week:
We went back to visit Anna, a girl we met doing house, and she is willing to let us talk with her and share more, even if she is a little upset with God.

We went and visited Clorinda, one of our english course students, and she said "I dont know what it is, but you all, all of you missionaries have this special light in your eyes, and I noticed it too when I went to that activity at your church. And you can just see that you are happy, really you can." Neat experience, and she is reading the Book of Mormon to know for herself!

Elvira- Knows its true, loves the plan of Salvation and loves teaching it to her husband who is in a Wheelchair, and she told him. "I know that we thought that this marriage was only until death, but it turns out that you might be stuck with me for a whole lot longer." (with a huge grin on her face)

The Pumpkin Pie was a Hit! It brought a little bit of the holiday spice to us all, and the Italians had a hard time believing it was made with pumpkin.

Other Learning experiences:
Don't eat hot forks, they burn you. I decided to be thrifty and heat up a meatball with a fork over a flame (this was made by the Italian Elder here who so happens to be a professional chef as well) anyways I just so happened to burn half of my lip off and now every Italian I meet asks if I have Herpes.

I dont miss McDonalds.
this week president and his wife came for interviews and Sorella Taranto treated us to McDonalds, so I decided, why not eat a burger, its has been a while? Lets just say I have never been so out of breath walking up these hills, and I will not eat one again, because I am pretty sure it is against the will of my mother, and maybe even against the WoW. But I am very blessed to have such an amazing mission President, and such a caring mission Mother who really looks after our every needs.

I love you all and thank you for your support. And Robyn, thank you as always for your udates and being such a good example about doing visiting teaching. Today for our Pday we are going to bake with one of the members from the branch so that we know how to make Italian sweets. Happy December!

Sorella Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment